Stonewall Jackson Triathlon
- Date: Saturday, August 19, 2017
- Location: Roanoke, WV
- Race Start Time: 8:00 AM
- Race Distance: Swim 1000 meters, Bike 26 Miles, Run 4 miles
- Online Registration Closes: Wednesday, August 16 at 8:00 am
- Race Cap: 200
One of the prettiest venues on our calendar. The Stonewall Jackson Triathlon takes place at the Stonewall Jackson Resort in northern West Virginia. This event is now in it’s 10th year and just keeps getting better. This event is be a Intermediate Distance Triathlon (1000m Swim, 26 Mile Bike, 4 Mile Run). Come join the fun and venue presented by the Lewis County Chamber of Commerce.
NEW THIS YEAR: Duathlon option. For those participants who are not quite comfortable in the water yet but still would like to be a part of the event, you can register in the duathlon category. That event will be a 1 mile run, then the same bike and run as the main event. You’ll choose DUATHLON category when registering.
The 1000 meter swim will be in the beautiful Stonewall Jackson Lake. The lake surrounds the resort and the mountains. Waves and chop are light and water quality is excellent.
The bike course is a one loop course on smooth, rural country roads. The course has a few challenging hills but they are well worth the view at the top. Athletes are certain to enjoy this scenic and challenging bike route. Police and volunteers man each intersection and turns are marked with directional signs.
The run leaves from the transition area near the Roanoke Building and winds through the resort roads. It is an out and back course. The run consist of no major hills and provides a great view of the Resort and the Stonewall Jackson Lake. Aid stations are positioned every 1.5 miles.
- $55.00 November 1 – May 31
- $60.00 June 1 – June 30
- $65.00 July 1 – August 16
- $70.00 Packet Pick Up and Race Day
- $80.00 November 1 – May 31
- $90.00 June 1 – June 30
- $100.00 July 1 – August 16
- $110.00 Packet Pick Up and Race Day
This pricing is based upon Date. Once a date is reached the price will increase to the next tier.
On-site registration is available for this event during normal packet pick up hours.
5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
@Stonewall Jackson Resort
940 RESORT DRIVE
ROANOKE, WV 26447
6:30 AM – 7:30 AM
@ Shelter near Transition Area
NOTE: Photo ID is required for packet pick-up. Everyone must pick up their own race packet.
USA Triathlon requires that all USAT annual members must show their USAT membership card at packet pick-up.
Any USAT annual member who does not present his/her valid membership card at packet pick-up, will be required to pay the USAT one-day fee of $15.
- 6:00 AM – Transition Area Open
- 6:00 AM – Race day registration opens
- 7:30 AM – Race day registration closes
- 8:00 AM – Race Start
- 1:00 PM – Projected awards ceremony (will be adjusted based on last finisher’s time)
Benji Jones will be available from 6-7pm at packet pick up to answer any questions you may have about the event. This is an informal session where he will be floating and answering questions as needed.
Top 3 in each of the following categories:
- Top 3 M/F Overall
- Top 3 M/F Masters Overall
- Top 3 Age Groups (M/F):15 & Under, 16-19,20-24,25-29,30-34,35-39,40-44,45-49,50-54,55-59,60-64,65-69, 70-74,75-79,80-84, 85+
- Top 3 Clydesdales (Men 39 and Under, 220+ lbs)
- Top 3 Master Clydesdales(Men 40+ and 220lbs+)
- Top 3 Athenas (Women 165lbs+)
- Top 3 Relay Teams (Mixed)
- Top 3 Aquabike
- Top 3 Duathlon
- Age Group – Participants competing in their age group.
- Clydesdale – Category for male participants who are over 220 lbs.
- Master Clydesdale – Category for male participants who are over 220 lbs. and are 40 or over.
- Athena – Category for women over 165 lbs.
- Aquabike – Category for participants doing only the swim and bike portion
- Duathlon – Participants in this category will run 1 mile, then do the bike and run portion
- Mixed Relay – Mix of male and female team members. Can also include all female and all male relay team members.
- Below is a brief description of each race category:
NOTE: You may fit into one or more of the above categories, so whichever category you choose to compete in is completely your choice. Choose the category that you feel you would have the most fun competing in.
- Relays can be 2-person (one person does 2 legs, and one person does 1 leg) or 3-person teams (each person does 1 leg of the event).
- EACH Relay member MUST pick up his/her own packet.
- EACH Member MUST have their photo ID and USAT card (if applicable) to pick up their packet.
- If a member is a minor (17 or under), then a parent/guardian must show an ID to get their packet.
- If a member turns 18 by the end of 2013 they are considered an Adult per USAT, thus they must pick up their own packet.
- If you need to replace a relay member you can e-mail us using the Contact Us button with the changes.
- If it is the week of the event and you need to make a change to a relay member then you can make this change at packet pick up.
- At packet pick up you will be given a sheet of paper that explains how the relays will work (chip hand off, tagging spot, etc.).
- If you are an individual that wishes to switch to a relay team, then you can e-mail us, using the Contact Us button at the top of the page, the following information: Team Name, Team Member Names, Team Member Shirt sizes. You will need to pay the difference to convert to a relay, which you can pay at packet pick up (cash or check only). If it is the week of the event, then you can make these changes at packet pick up.
USAT Rules and Information
ALL USAT members must show proof of a current membership at packet pick up. If you have recently renewed a membership, then you MUST print out a temporary card or receipt of payment (that shows length of the membership period) to show at packet pick up. We will not take your word for it that your membership is current; you must SHOW us. Failure to do so will result in having to pay the one-day fee of $15.
You can go to the USAT WEBSITE where you can renew your membership or print out a temporary card. You can also renew your membership at packet pick up if that’s easier for you.
If I entered my USAT information when I registered, then why do I need to show my card at packet pick up? USAT rules state that all USAT members must show a valid membership card at packet pick up and failure to do so will result in having to pay the 1-day fee. Our events are sanction by USAT, therefore, we must follow these rules. Our website is not connected to USAT’s website, so the information that you enter when you register could be incorrect. We must physically document the current expiration date of your membership when you pick up your packet as this is the only way we can confirm 100% that your membership is in fact current.
USAT’s “Age Up” Policy:
An athlete’s age for any USAT sanctioned race will be his/her age as of Dec. 31, 2017 . The age he/she is on 12/31 will determine his/her racing age group. If an athlete is due to “age-up” into the next group, it will happen at the beginning of the year, not after the athlete’s birthday. This action aligns regular U.S. age group racing with the method used by USA Triathlon for its National Rankings Program and its new Grand Prix Series.
Example: John Smith is 39 and will turn 40 on November 20, 2017.
John will be considered 40 for all 2017 races – and will race in the 40-44 age group at all 2017 races.
Sally Jones is 29 and will turn 30 on July 3, 2017.
Sally will be considered 30 for all 2017 races – and will race in the 30-34 age group at all 2017 races.
Policies and Refunds
REFUND POLICY: 50% of your entry fee will be refunded until August 2, 2017. No refunds will be issued for any reason after August 2. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another person, event, or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy. To request a refund, you must complete the refund request form below.
Refund Request Form
WEATHER POLICY: In the event of inclement the following procedures will be followed:
The event will be postponed until 8:45AM in hopes the inclement weather will pass.
If inclement weather does not pass by 8:45AM , the event will be changed to a duathlon format.
Every effort will be made to have this event on time on this date. Should this event be cancelled due to an Act of God or other circumstance beyond the race directors control there will be no refunds, credits, or transfers.
NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this weather policy.