Want to join the Jones’ Crew?
We are always looking for good team members who are passionate about what we do and what we stand for. Being a part of our crew is a lot of fun, but it is hard work. Events are on weekends so staffing usually involves availability Friday-Sunday. The best way for us to see if you are a good fit is for you to first volunteer with us. Show up and work and SHOW us that you are interested and that you know how to work – that will do much more good than you emailing us telling us you are interested. We have never hired anyone because they emailed us and said they wanted a job. Everyone our crew is there because they actively volunteered at races and made an impression on us. Our crew becomes our family and we are not interested in bringing people on who are just looking for a job. We want to get to know you and see that you are the right fit for our team. So pick an event and come get to know us!
- Race Day Crew – Anywhere from Friday-Sunday depending on the event. Duties involve marking courses, educating volunteers, setting up, tearing down, etc.
- Timing – Involves training, Friday-Sunday availability, handles registration/packet pick up and the timing of the event
- Sponsorship/Marketing – Weekday work, would need to be able to make some race days to connect with partners
- Internships – Email us with info on your internship requirements and we’ll see what we can do
- Character – We are here to serve others. We expect our team to treat people with kindness and respect.
- Good physical health – you won’t be sitting still much with us. Must be comfortable being on your feet, moving things around, etc.
- Reliable transportation – can’t work a race if you can’t get there!
- Personality – you will be interacting with athletes, event organizers, volunteers, etc. so you need to personable and pleasant in these interactions
- Brain – you have to be able to think and make decisions with confidence